A Project Manager is required to join Ireland’s leading multi-disciplinary Engineering and Construction company. This role will be based on sites in Dublin.
The candidate will manage a bid team to tender for projects with responsibility for commercial and technical submissions. Following successful award of a project the candidate, as project manager, will ensure that the scope of works is delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
The role is ideal for a candidate that wishes to make a step up to Contracts Manager level in the future.
- To be fully accountable for the delivery of the project, ensuring it is completed safely, on time, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the agreed budget.
- Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood and delivered.
- Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a controlled and timely manner.
- Refer significant / strategic issues to the overseeing manager and work with them to ensure they are managed and resolved.
- Lead the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and opportunities. Develop and implement action plans to mitigate / reduce the impact of risks, and develop and implement realisation plans to enhance the benefit of opportunities.
- Manage the ‚Äúfit to start‚Äù process to ensure that we mobilise in a controlled and timely manner to facilitate the timely delivery of the project scope. Ensure there is an effective, comprehensive and formal handover from the work winning team to the delivery team.
- Ensure that the project team works to progressively complete handover documentation so that we are ‚Äúfit to finish‚Äù, complying with the contracted completion requirements of the Client.
- Ensure that the project team comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Must have 4+ years Project Management experience in Civils projects in Ireland.
- Third level qualification
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- An excellent communicator and leader who is able to motivate themselves and others to meet stringent deadlines and rise to new challenges with enthusiasm.
- Salary circa €70k – €85k DOE
- Excellent benefits package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.