My client has an excellent opportunity on an upcoming 4-year multimillion euro project in the Cork region for an experienced Project Manager. The role will be site based and will entail supervising and overseeing the direction of the project, ensuring that the client s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained and meets the business policy and exceeds client expectation
- Leadership of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision of staff
- Detailed understanding of the project scope and active management of change from this scope utilising the contractual mechanisms set out in our signed contracts.
- Coordination and managerial responsibility for the design, procurement, subcontract packages of work, DfMA/OSB, commissioning and handover process
- Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget
- Ensuring that the programme and budget are central to decision-making during the coordination and management of project deliverables
- Active participation in Client meetings as the lead representative
- Maintain an oversight on all technical aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables
- Report to the Contracts Manager both on an informal ad-hoc basis and on a formal basis focussing on agreed KPI s and key deliverables
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience on Civil Engineering projects in Ireland or the UK
- Experience in Roads or Water & Wastewater Industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional oral and written communication capabilities
- €80k – €90k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.