My client is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are seeking to appoint a MEICA Project Engineer based in Kilkenny. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business in the Irish Market.
- Preparation and submission of design documentation in consultation with Project Manager and designers.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to select vendors for project delivery. Provide recommendations on equipment selection as part of the design and procurement process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Manage delivery of materials in-line with works programme and progress on-site.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and direct staff to ensure project delivery in-line with works programme.
- Review, prepare and submit detailed Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to work activities commencing.
- Conduct daily inspections on equipment and complete daily risks assessments.
- Supervise works on-site to ensure conformance with design and Employer s Requirements.
- Monitor progress onsite to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjust workflow and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
- Ensure project is delivered in-line with quality procedures and that all Factory Acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), inspection and test plans (ITPs), pipe pressure testing, hydrostatic tank testing and commissioning of the works are completed in-line with the quality plan and Employer s Requirements.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment to input project metrics and extract workflows.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including O&M Manuals, Safety Files and As Constructed Drawings.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Experienced in the design, construction, commissioning and process proving of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Salary circa €45k – €55k DOE
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a MEICA Project Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.