Mechanical Engineer – 17721
Mechanical Engineer required for a Tier 1 M&E contractor based out of their offices in Leixlip, Kildare. The successful Engineer will be responsible for supporting the front-end engineering of multiple Semi-Conductor, Pharmaceutical and Industrial projects from tender through to construction start.
If you’re Mechanical Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion.
- Assist in engineering tasks by coordinating with key project stakeholders, such as the client design team, main contractor, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Familiarise with design/IFC specifications and drawings to grasp the project’s scope.
- Oversee the coordination process, ensuring the transformation of design information into installation drawings aligns with specifications and schedule priorities.
- Evaluate sub-contract and supplier tender returns for technical compliance with design specifications.
- Align engineering activities with the project schedule, considering factors like procurement.
- Manage technical submittal approvals and material readiness, prioritising based on lead times and field need dates.
- Supervise sub-contractors and facilitate information flow for progress in line with the project schedule.
- Explore and advocate for new engineering practices to improve project delivery time.
- Prepare and agree upon project completion criteria and close-out documents.
- Submit and close out any commercial requests for information (RFIs).
- Manage the workpacks process, from development to implementation and handover.
- Analyse tender documentation for commercial risks and scope gaps related to team deliverables.
- File finalised tender documentation for future reference.
- Assist in developing and finalising estimates, cost forecasts, and resource profiles for projects.
- A degree in Mechanical/Building Services Engineering.
- 5 years+ post grad experience within the Irish market.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor or Data Centre sector would be an advantage.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Navisworks and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Salary €70,000 to €80,000 DOE
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- Healthcare scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
If you are a Mechanical Engineer and are looking for your next career move, please send your cv or call Joe Newman, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.