A Buyer is needed to join a well-established and progressive Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Contractor in West Dublin. The successful M&E Buyer will have 3 – 5 years experience working with a contractor on M&E projects.
- Processing Internal Requisitions in a timely manner.
- Ordering of Day-to-Day Materials, both Electrical and Mechanical at optimum prices.
- Liaising with Suppliers to ensure optimum pricing is achieved.
- Identify new supplier sources and implement competitive sourcing processes.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of materials required for new and ongoing projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of materials required for new and ongoing projects.
- Working with the Project Management Teams to understand each Project s requirements.
- Obtaining pricing, preparing comparison spreadsheets, for all Major Plant / Equipment / Systems and reviewing same with individual Contracts Managers for technical content, delivery requirements etc.
- The Buyer will assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Obtaining Spec Sheets for equipment for review.
- Working with our Commercial Department to ensure all Sub-Contract orders are placed in a timely manner.
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain/logistics or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Mechanical or Electrical experience, a major advantage
- Ability to prioritize workload efficiently.
- The successful Buyer must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
- Salary circa €40,000 to €50,000 – DOE
- CPD – Support for college courses
- Bike to work scheme
- Performance bonus
- Group Healthcare
- Free Parking
If you are a Buyer looking for your next career move, Please contact Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion about this role. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.