We are currently seeking a Junior Quantity Surveyor with 1-3 years of experience to join a leading housing developer in Waterford for a large-scale housing project. As a Junior QS, you will collaborate directly with Intermediate and Senior QS professionals on various aspects of project implementation, gaining exposure to budget preparation, estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interactions, and site meetings.
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Attending Pre-Award Meetings with New Sub-Contractors.
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to Sub-Contractors.
- Assisting in the preparation of the final account.
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Cost monitoring and reporting using Construction Computer Software.
- Reviewing Tender enquiries and tender analysis.
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site.
- Handling Sub-Contractors re-measurement, interim, and final account payments.
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates.
- Compiling variations and the variation log.
- Diploma/Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- 1-3 years of Quantity Surveying experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication abilities.
- Team player.
- Starting Salary: €40k– €50k DOE
- Training and career development plan.
- Travel allowance.
If you are a Junior Quantity Surveyor seeking a dynamic career move, please submit your CV or contact Eve Dobson on 0861893835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV for a confidential discussion. Rest assured, we prioritize your privacy and will not share your CV with any client without your permission. GPC is a specialized construction recruitment consultancy with over 25 years of experience in placing construction professionals within Ireland and internationally.