Junior Health and Safety Officer required for a leading specialist subcontractor to work in Dublin. The role will suit the Health and Safety Officer with a relevant health and safety qualification and at least 1 years experience. Our client has a great pipeline of work in the Dublin area and is looking for a new health and safety officer to join their growing team.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures, and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance, and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded, and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Qualification
- Previous work experience in construction is preferable but not essential.
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Confident proactive and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- €40k – €45k
- Company vehicle
- Excellent career prospects
- Benefits package
If you are a Junior Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.