Health & Safety Officer required to join one of Ireland’s leading Civil Engineering Contractors working on projects in Dublin. The Health and Safety Officer role would suit a self-reliant, delivery orientated individual with 2+ years experience.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibility
- Carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements
- Contribute to the Toolbox talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- Conduct training for new and existing employees
- A third level qualification in Health and Safety or Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience within the residential / commercial construction sector
- Able to assist the Health and Safety on-site manager using their own initiative
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
- Able to deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
- Salary €50k – €70k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.