A well-established leading Main Building Contractor in Dublin is seeking a Health and Safety Lead with over 5 years of construction health and safety experience to join their team. This role will involve overseeing large scale residential and commercial projects ensuring company strategy and expectations are consistently achieved. The successful candidate will foster relationships, analyse and report extensive data, ensuring the project is delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Prioritize safety as a top concern.
- Uphold a strong safety record and ensure the company’s safety ethos is effectively communicated to all on-site personnel.
- Monitor, evaluate, and address health and safety conditions within the designated area, promoting improvement and prevention through guidance, education, and enforcement of relevant legislation.
- Advise and support the SHEQ Manager in assessing staff safety development and training needs.
- Assist in company health and safety audits and attend meetings as necessary.
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments, and update safety statements.
- Contribute to the monitoring and development of company policies.
- Holds a degree/diploma in Health and Safety.
- Has accumulated over 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining accident-free sites within the industry.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, and SafeT Cert (preferable).
- Preference for candidates with prior experience working with a main contractor.
- Industry leading benefits package
- Company vehicle
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Emily Collins for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 26 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.