Health and Safety Officer with 2 years+ construction site experience required to join a Civil Engineering Contractor, covering various sites in the Dublin area. The contractor is very busy at present and have a large pipeline of work in the Dublin region.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification.
- The Health & Safety Officer will have excellent people management skills.
- Very proactive.
- 2 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects (Building projects)
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Salary circa €50k-€55k
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Excellent career prospects
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.