Head of Safety required for a leading Main Building contractor with several projects around the West Dublin region. The successful Health and Safety professional will be the lead in the company and will implement and enforce health and safety procedures across all sites in the country with the support of the EHS team. Ideally, we are looking for a Head of Safety who has 7 years+ construction health and safety experience in Ireland or the UK.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees
- Review sub-contractors Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Degree Qualified in Health & Safety
- 7+ years experience
- Flexible to travel across several sites in Dublin area
- Experience with a main contractor preferable.
- Salary circa €90k-€100k+
- Great benefits package
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Excellent career prospects
If you are a Head of Safety considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 25 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.