Head of Construction required for leading Facades contractor in Dublin. This role requires someone with 10+ years experience in the construction industry and will report directly to and work alongside the MD. This role is responsible for ensuring the management of centralised, integrated, smooth-flowing, well documented, and easily accessible processes through the Design, Procurement and site installation departments whilst moving through the projects lifecycle.
This is a senior leadership role, which, in conjunction with other senior management teas members, takes ownership for setting and leading the direction and strategy of the company.
- Planning and monitoring of the day-to-day running of each Department, in conjunction with the Department Managers, to ensure the smooth progression of projects.
- In conjunction with Department managers improve and further implement standardised processes and template documents to be followed by all Departments, in line with best practice. Such as but not limited to; a common programme template/system and information flow.
- Oversee daily activities for each Department, to maximise scheduling and real-time utilisation of resources and workforce management planning.
- Ensure projects are completed on time as per the agreed programme and according to specifications and quality standards.
- Enact contingency plans as needed; escalate and direct activities during a project if a problem is encountered.
- Maintain and grow relationships with suppliers, clients, engineers, consultants and other key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to optimise operational performance.
- Monthly reporting of Project Status – budget & forecasts.
- Keep up to date on information and technology affecting the functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Assist in the delivery of key operational and strategic projects for the business.
- Attend Board meetings and fulfil the key reporting requirements to the Board.
- Develop, manage, and motivate the teams within each of the Departments that fall under the scope of this role.
- Partner with the HR Department to hire, train, develop and appraise Department teams effectively.
- Starting Salary: €85k – €100k
- Company vehicle
- Benefits Package
If you are looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.