Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer required to work for a leading Mechanical Engineering contractor to work on their projects in Dublin. This company are process and high purity piping specialists and have multiple projects in Ireland and Europe. The successful Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for work a range of Semi-Conductor and Pharmaceutical projects.
This company strongly supports continuous career progression plans for all of their Engineers into Senior Engineering and Project Management roles.
- Multiple Pharmaceutical Plants – €30M – €50M
- Semi-Conductor facility – €10M – €60M
- Onsite co-ordination between Mechanical and other Disciplines.
- Resolving engineering queries in the field.
- Prioritising off-site pipe and pipe design fabrication to follow construction schedule.
- Work with construction manager to monitor the construction schedule.
- Weekly Progress reporting.
- Weekly Variation reporting (Gathering this info from the area engineers to give it to cost engineer).
- Familiarise with scope of contract to monitor possible or potential variation work on site.
- Ensure supply equipment is ordered as required.
- Onsite co-ordination between Consultant and Contractor.
- Co-ordination of project activity in conjunction with the offsite fabrication team.
- Attend weekly progress meetings.
- Safety audits and monitoring safety performance on site.
- Working with QA lead to ensure piping systems are handover to client on schedule
- 0-2 Years experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer.
- Degree or Diploma in Building Services/Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working on large scale pharmaceutical projects is beneficial.
- Knowledge of piping isometrics and P&IDs is essential.
- Flexibility to visit sites outside of Dublin (Cork and Europe) would be desirable.
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members to complete tasks.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €33,000 to €43,000 DOE
- Discretionary bonus
- 6 Monthly performance/salary reviews
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Expenses and accommodation paid for during any travel
- Opportunity to work on the largest projects in Ireland and Europe.
If you are a Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.