My client is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. They are now searching for a GIS Technician/GIS Analyst. The successful candidate would ideally be based in Limerick but will consider remote work from Cork/Dublin office.
- Develop and maintain GIS databases, including data management and quality control
- Develop and implement GIS-based solutions to support decision-making and project planning
- Create and publish interactive web-based maps and GIS applications specifically using the ArcGIS platform with Field maps and Survey123 applications
- Good knowledge of Desktop based GIS applications such as ArcGIS Pro and QGIS and the GIS functions available in each. CAD knowledge and the ability to transfer GIS data between platforms an advantage
- Develop solutions to automate tasks using automation tools such as python scripting, FME ,power Automate and similar solutions
- Excellent skills in manipulating Data to produce dashboards and reports for relevant members of the organisation specifically using power BI to transform and manipulate date from a variety of sources. Power Query language and DAX a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good knowledge of web services and awareness of how REST APIs are sued to integrate platforms
- Provide technical support and training to junior analysts and support the wider company with trouble shooting of GIS applications on desktop and mobile devices
- Stay up to date with the latest GIS advances and trends
- Relevant degree in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, data analytics or a related field
- Advanced problem-solving skills the ability to work independently and the confidence to make informed decisions with the information to hand.
- Experience with GIS data management and quality control
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course in GIS or similar
- Graduate candidates from relevant disciplines will also be considered
- Experience with software such as GIS, AutoCAD, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online suite of applications an advantage
- Salary circa €45k – €55k neg DOE
- Excellent Benefits Package
If you are a GIS Technician/GIS Analyst considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.