Due to the growing nature of the Rail business in Ireland, my client, a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm are searching for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join their team. This role will be a hybrid working model in Citywest, Dublin.
- Support the Geotechnical Design Lead in carrying out the geotechnical design works across projects, particularly during the initial tendering works.
- The role holder shall act as a source of expert technical advice and will assist with the development of the geotechnical elements of the Tender Design,
- providing recommendations regarding the soil and rock engineering parameters, seismic analysis, site development etc in compliance with standards and constructability.
- The Geotechnical Engineer shall also ensure that the project adheres to the correct technical design and legislative standards.
- In addition, the role holder will be required to provide assurance and carry out due diligence on all geotechnical aspects of design to ensure they meet the required briefs and are functional, efficient and safe.
- BEng / BA / BSC in a related discipline ideally from science, technology, quality or engineering discipline
- Degree / diploma / certification in geotechnical engineering
- Senior: 10+ years experience in geotechnical design management with 5+ years experience managing geotechnical works across the project lifecycle through to completion in high value rail projects or projects of a similar scale / complexity.
- Intermediate: 5+ years geotechnical design management experience and a proven track record of managing geotechnical activities in high value rail projects or projects of a similar scale / complexity.
- Tangible experience of driving best practice in technical activities, processes, policies and standards
- In-depth understanding of the design and delivery requirements of technically complex projects in the architectural / engineering / construction sectors
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing the improvement of process and providing guidance to support project delivery and reporting
- Knowledge of quality management and process improvement practices and systems is desirable, preferably within the construction sector
- Salary circa €45K – €75K neg DOE
- Benefits package
- Hybrid Working
If you are a Geotechnical Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.