General Foreman/Project Manager
Our client are currently seeking a General Foreman to join their team based in Dublin. The General Foreman will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating construction activities on-site, ensuring that projects are executed efficiently, safely, and in accordance with established standards and schedules.
- Supervise and coordinate day-to-day construction activities on-site.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with project specifications, plans, and quality standards.
- Lead and motivate on-site construction teams, including subcontractors and laborers.
- Provide clear direction, set expectations, and foster a collaborative and safety-conscious work environment.
- Schedule and Resource Management
- Work alongside the project manager to develop and implement project schedules.
- Manage on-site resources efficiently to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Ensure a strong safety culture on-site.
- Conduct safety meetings and audits.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure work meets or exceeds industry standards
- Conduct regular inspections and address any issues related to quality.
- Facilitate clear communication between on-site teams, subcontractors, and project managers.
- Report progress, issues
- Proven experience as a General Foreman in civil engineering or construction projects and utilities experience.
- In-depth knowledge of construction processes, safety regulations, and quality control standards.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Comprehensive benefits package
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Jack Owens on 086 065 3873 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.