My client is now seeking an experienced Electrical Project Manager to support their Power and Electrical Division by taking the lead on the delivery of upcoming Sub-station projects based in Munster.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager. This position will require the Candidate to manage all aspects of the delivery of the project from concept, civil and electrical design and through to construction and commissioning, as well as the overall day to day responsibility for all aspects of performance of the contract.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHEQ department.
- Overall management of project teams during construction.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to ensure the appropriate construction and installation staff are selected/appointed.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors. Liaises with Project Team to deliver programme.
- Ensure that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Interfaces with all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from conception through to construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the Client.
- Manage Project Costings and assist with project finance reporting.
- Site data management including daily and weekly progress reports on works completed, plant and hours.
- Identify issues and risks at the earliest opportunity and resolve or escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support Business Development, through tendering and business networking.
- Ensure our core Customer Care principles are adhered to.
- A time served electrician with an Engineering or Construction Management qualification would be desirable
- Previous experience within the Power and civil sector would be an advantage
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex data; assessing risks and gains against business criteria to generate sound commercial answers.
- Ensures clear and appropriate goals are set; focuses well on targets; demonstrates enthusiasm and drive to consistently deliver quality in performance.
- Clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others.
- Appreciate the time, cost and quality implications of the role.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others whilst taking the lead.
- Recognises need to build individual accountability, linking needs and plans with HR strategy for their area and being actively involved in developing their team.
- Excellent Commercial knowledge and understanding.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work independently
- Salary circa €80K – €90K
- Excellent benefits package
If you are an Electrical Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.