Document Controller required to join Ireland’s leading Civil Engineering Contractor. This role will be based in Dublin. The Document Controller will provide assistance, support and advice on all document control issues whilst effectively managing all document control aspects for allocated projects.
- Ensure document control is the focal point for all construction documentation and is manged in a controller manner.
- Ensure document control requirements are administered as per contract requirements and within agreed timescales.
- Ensure Obsolete/Superseded/Withdrawn documents are kept by DC for reference or other purposes.
- Ensure other holders of Obsolete/Superseded/Withdrawn documents are deleted/destroyed or marked as ‘Superseded’ and removed from possible use.
- Maintain the CDE (Project Hub/Aconex and/or Client CDE). Ensure information stored on Client’s CDEs is permanently available or transferred to the Murphy CDE prior to contract completion..
- Allocate document numbers as per the Company or Client specified Document Numbering procedure.
- Review document details, ensure they are correct prior to issue (e.g. doc number, revision, status (reason for issue), title, date, page numbering, header, footer, template used, print set-up, signatures).
- Quality check documents and edit any that have typographical / formatting errors that may lead to the disqualification of the document or cause it to look unprofessional. Ensure the entire document is legible.
- Assist in the creation and maintain distribution lists / workflows / review cycles.
- Assist in the management of change by ensuring documents are processed correctly and linked to the contract documents as required.
- Assist in the collation and issue of handover documentation (O&M manuals, H&S files, as-built records, databooks etc.
- Assist with archiving of documents, ensure legibility and traceability.
- Raise any Document Control issues / concerns at the earliest opportunity, with appropriate person, document and inform the Senior Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Demonstrable experience in a professional Administration and /or Document Control department
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems such as Aconex, ProjectWise etc.
- Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders
- Experience of the Infrastructure / Civil / Engineering / Construction industry
- Salary circa €35k – €40k DOE
- Excellent benefits package
If you are a Document Controller considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.