Design Coordinator required for an award-winning Main Building Contractor in Limerick. Our client has a diverse project portfolio in the Healthcare, Education, Residential, Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial and Industrial sectors. The design coordinator will co-ordinate the design flow between all parties, provide sufficient and accurate information to allow the safe construction of the project and to provide quality, cost effective and environmentally friendly solutions in line with the client’s requirements
Call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion.
- Ensure the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality related matters.
- Input into the selection of design sub – contractors.
- Assist CM/PM and QS in checking Employers Requirements/Cost Proposal Compatibility.
- Chair and minute Design meetings and ensure production of information in line with the design programme.
- Liaise with the site team to ensure buildable and robust details with the agreement of the construction team.
- Check sub-contractors/design drawings for compliance and interface.
- Distribute, file and record the drawing movements including all s/s and connected drawings.
- Work with the site team (incl. QS) to consider alternatives.
- Regularly inspect site to ensure design is being adhered to.
- Report on the effectiveness of the design team and design sub-contractor.
- Liaise with the M&E Co-ordination to ensure compatibility of building and services.
- Attend production meetings and input to all design issues.
- Add value and reduce cost to the building without decreasing the buildings durability or reducing any warranty.
- Communicate design opportunities and risks to DM.
- Attend client meetings.
- Compile, record and manage information-required documents.
- Communicate changes/variations with site QS.
- Report on the design in line with cost meetings.
- Engineering or Architectural degree.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working as a Design Coordinator on building projects in the Ireland or the UK.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent salary circa €50k-€60k
- Superb benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
Please forward your CV to Keith Conlon if you are interested in the above role.