Commissioning Engineer required for Ireland s number one service and maintenance provider to the water and wastewater sector. This will be a permanent full-time position based in Leinster.
- Onsite validation and commissioning of PLC, Instrumentation and electrical control systems.
- Fault diagnostics and modification to existing control and automation systems.
- Attend Site breakdowns and PLC failures.
- On-the-spot troubleshooting of existing Control Systems.
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Tests on control panels to ensure compliance with approved documentation and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Initial power-up of MCC s, rotation checks for motors and I/O point to point checks.
- Setting up of instrumentation and scaling of instruments back to main control system.
- Uploading of PLC/HMI code and de-bugging as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation and processes.
- Working with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to the water/wastewater treatment plant.
- Verify functional and process settings on site.
- Identify problems and shortcomings with existing systems.
- Co-ordinate testing and commissioning activities.
- Complete all test and commissioning documentation.
- Undertake testing and commissioning activities in line with the specified site requirements.
- Monitor progress, recording all test results, witnessing final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all test documentation.
- Site acceptance tests and system sign off with the client.
- Monitoring and optimisation of instrumentation, PLC and electrical control systems.
- Carry out modifications to existing sites control systems as per Controls Dept. Manager / client requirements.
- Maintain all records and appropriate paperwork regarding client installations and work carried out. Create Service Reports for customer signature and complete all Company required paperwork on time.
- 6+ years experience in mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- 3rd level Qualification in Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of water industry an advantage but not essential
- Minimum of 6 years experience in PLC solutions and site commissioning with a min of 2 of the following (ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi or Motorola)
- Experience of automation of electronic instruments and drive networks.
- Demonstrable experience in controls systems design and application
- Full clean driving licence
- Salary circa €50k – €60k
- Company vehicle
If you are a Commissioning Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.