Commercial Manager with 3 years experience at Commercial Manager level required to join a leading Main Contractor based in their office in North Dublin. This Contractor has a large turnover and ambitious expansion plans. They are looking to hire an experienced Commercial Manager to help them achieve these ambitious goals. This company has a range of high profile blue chip clients and much repeat business.
Contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion on
- Establish procedures for the Quantity surveying Functions.
- Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager.
- Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section.
- Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
- Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors.
- Review and report on the financial performance of contracts.
- Monitor actual payment against declared value.
- Review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors.
- provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
- Advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
- Provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract.
- Assist and advise the site-based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
- Risk management.
- Financial reporting.
- Budget forecasting.
- Maximising cash flow.
- Client liaison.
- Report into the Regional Director.
- Procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
- Assist in the recruitment of new Quantity Surveyors.
- Strong commercial awareness, ideally 3+ years experience as a Commercial Manager.
- Strong legal and contractual understanding in construction law.
- Client facing.
- Leadership skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Experience working for a main contractor with a building/industrial/commercial engineering background and experience with various types of contract forms.
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Surveying or Commercial Management.
Benefits & Package:
- 20% Bonus
- Market-leading benefits package.
- Vehicle or travel allowance.
If you are a Commercial Manager looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.