My client is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are seeking to appoint a Civils Project Engineer based in Jones Bridge in Cork. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business in the Irish Market.
- Ensuring the highest standards of safety and environmental protection are consistently maintained, and strive to out-perform standard practice at every opportunity
- Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained
- Coordination and managerial input to the design, procurement, sub-contract packages of work, commissioning and handover process
- Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget
- Ensuring that the programme and budget are considered during the coordination and management of project deliverables
- Active participation in Client meetings; including attendance at the monthly Progress Meetings as required
- Awareness of the project scope and monitoring deviation from this scope. This would include the Contractor scope and the subcontractor scope. Advise the Project Manager as scope change occurs or is likely to occur
- Ensure procurement is progressed in line with the project programme/schedule;
- Ensure supply chain value is achieved through a competitive tendering process and challenge
- Maintain an oversight on all aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables
- Maintain close liaison with the design and commissioning teams and ensure that all technical inputs are considered in the project delivery
- Liaison with and coordination of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision staff, the Procurement team, the Commissioning team and the Design team
- Continuous liaison with and coordination of project support staff including SHEQ, Planning, Commercial
- Report to the Project Manager. Furthermore provide informal feedback to the Contracts Manager on an ad-hoc basis
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Salary circa €40k – €60k DOE
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Civils Project Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.