Our client is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are seeking to appoint a Civils Estimator. The Estimator will be responsible for coordinating a bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process when required. The Estimator will be responsible for managing an opportunity from prequalification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, win themes, commercial considerations, partner identification and liaison, and risk management. It is a great opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join an enthusiastic and ambitious company who are already strongly established in the Irish Market This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business.
- Identify and track tender opportunities and leads
- Liaising with the bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from design, estimating and project delivery teams
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all elements are included in the final price to the customer
- Take offs preparation
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process including the preparation of risk registers
- Contributing to the written / technical proposal – both in terms of content and presentation
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, Project)
- Ideally with Knowledge of Estimating tools (CCS, Conquest)
- Proven capability in delivering winning, Civil Infrastructures project Bids. Ideally has a background in the general Civils sector and experience of bid from opportunity identification through to bid submission, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design (when required).
- Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace and possess sound commercial understanding and risk management skills.
- Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities.
- Have a solid understanding and experience of the implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Salary circa €90k – €100k
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Civils Estimator considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.