Building Services Engineer (Design) is required to join a well-established multi-disciplinary consultancy in Kilkenny. The opportunity will suit an ambitious and high calibre Building Services Engineer with strong experience in the design and project management of Education and Healthcare projects to join the practice in a time of growth
- Assist with developing design specifications and drawings including preparation of building services plans such as HVAC solutions, building services (M&E), renewable heating, building automation system designs and specifications, energy management specifications, advice on commissioning and maintenance routines and recommendations for ongoing rectification works.
- Carry out energy audits, thermal modelling, heat load calculations (including IES modelling) and identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption in buildings.
- Carry out building services condition and environmental audits and due diligence audits.
- Assist our clients in troubleshooting potential services system failures and undertake design reviews.
- Liaise and assist with providing clients and contractors with requested information.
- Ensure work and projects are delivered on-time and on-budget to our clients
- Ensure the highest quality of work is delivered
- Level 8 Degree in Building services / Mechanical / Electrical / Sustainable Engineering or related technical discipline with an emphasis on design.
- 7+ years experience in HVAC design ideally within a consultancy in Ireland or the UK
- Strong IT and analytical skills including CAD, with IES modelling a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Non-Domestic BER/CEM/CMVP or other energy auditing standards, DiaLux and Revit highly advantageous.
- The successful Building Services Engineer will work as part of our team, helping to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistently high-quality service to clients.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €55k – €70k+ doe
- Free parking
- Expenses covered
- Working remotely available if desired
- Extensive annual leave with company days each year.
If you are a Building Services Engineer looking for your next career move, please send your cv or call Leah Colfer on 086 1034862 for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.