CAD Technician required for a large international, multidisciplinary consultancy based in their Dublin office. This innovative and progressive design consultancy have a strong sustainability ethos and continuously support their staff to develop their expertise in this field.
The position would suit a motivated, practical, and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The successful CAD Technician (MEP) will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
- Preparing 2D MEP CAD drawings from engineer s sketches.
- Preparing piping design drawings from piping design sketches.
- Management of CAD files, drawing registers and drawing issue sheets.
- Liaising with contractors, architects, surveyors, and others for drawing issue/management.
- Preparing, batch plotting and management of hard copy drawings for internal or external use.
- Proactive participation in the design process to maintain quality standards.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Computer Aided Design from city & guilds or equivalent.
- The CAD Technician must have at least 3 years experience in a similar role, ideally with a Mechanical & Electrical consultancy.
- Experience using Revit and other 3D software such as Plant 3D is not essential but a distinct advantage.
- The successful CAD Technician must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
- The successful candidate must be able to work off their own initiative.
- Must have experience taking control of a project, liaising with engineers and also have solid understanding/ proven experience producing and issuing complete drawing packages.
- €35,000 to €45,000 – DOE.
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors.
- Opportunity to progress your career.
- A modern progressive workplace.
- Active Sports & Social Clubs.
- Flexible working hours.
If you are a CAD Technician (MEP) who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Leah Colfer or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.