Operations Manager required for a leading and well-established contractor based in Dublin. The successful applicant will be tasked with leading and managing the successful delivery of several projects within Ireland in addition to ensuring the operational performance of the company. This is the ideal role for the quantity surveyor who feels stuck in their current company and would like to move into a leading role with a great company.
- The Development of Project Commercial Plans and ensuring buy in from the project team and management
- Business Development
- Responsibility for overseeing the QS function
- Starting apprentice program
- Setting up sites for the contracts manager
- Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress, to senior management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Degree qualified as in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Ideally have worked as or be working currently as a Quantity Surveyor
- 10+ years’ experience in the construction industry
- Client facing
- Have a flare for business development
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Company vehicle /travel allowance
- Great benefits package
If you are considering a career move, please feel free to contact Declan Hasson in confidence or send a CV. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. GPC has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.