Senior Health and Safety Manager with 6 years+ construction site experience required to join a long established Main Building Contractor to work on projects based in Dublin. This company is well respected in the industry and this role would be ideal for a Health and Safety Manager who desires quickly excel and be the number 1 in the company. The successful Health and Safety Manager can expect to work on residential projects, healthcare builds, refurb projects, fit-outs and many more.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification
- Excellent people management skills
- Very proactive
- 5 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects (Building projects)
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Salary circa €60k-€70k+
- Bonus twice a year
- Great benefits package
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Excellent career prospects
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.