Transportation Engineer – 3-7 years+:
Traffic & Transportation Engineer / Transport Planner with 3 – 7 years’ experience in transport planning and developing transport infrastructure, required to join a leading engineering consultancy in their Cork office. You will work on a range of traffic and transportation schemes across Ireland and the UK.
- The successful Transport Engineer / Civil Engineer will join a busy Highways and Transportation team. The candidate should be enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable being a team lead.
- The role will include providing transport planning services for transport schemes around Ireland, including road, rail, bus corridors, pedestrian and cycling infrastructure, public realm and road safety schemes. The work will cover planning and design stages, transport modelling, preparation of EIA for projects for public and private clients.
- Level 8 / Level 9 Degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering or equivalent
- The successful Transport Engineer will have a minimum of 3 – 7 years’ relevant experience in transport planning and developing transport infrastructure in Ireland.
- Experience of relevant macro and micro transport modelling software such as Linsig, Junctions 9, VISSIM, VISUM, SATURN.
- Experience in traffic impact assessments, road safety studies, transport corridor studies, transport planning and land use strategies, junction analysis and design.
- Strong working knowledge of road and street design in an urban context including DMURS and the National Cycle Manual.
- The successful Transport Engineer should be computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes, MS Project, AutoCAD, Civil3D, etc
- Civil Engineers / Transport Engineers must be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary circa €45k – €55k+ (depending on experience)
- Excellent benefits package available upon application
- Working both in the office and remotely
- Free parking
- Travel to work scheme
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Transportation Engineer / Civil Engineer considering a career move, send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. Caroline Herlihy has in excess of 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.