Our client has a significant and expanding workload in their traffic and transportation engineering department and is seeking to hire a Transportation Engineer with 1-2 years’ experience. The Transportation Team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the public and private sectors which include the NTA, DAA, Dublin Port Company, Grangegorman Development Agency, many local authorities and major property developers.
The successful Transportation Engineer will be involved in providing services ranging from transportation assessments, traffic engineering and management through to the design of urban traffic control systems.
Typical projects include:
- The design of bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Accessibility Audits (identifying and solving problems for the mobility impaired and disabled
- Providing assistance to other departments in DBFL (roads layouts for developments, car park design, service yard design)
- Preparation of Traffic & Transportation Assessments for developments of varying sizes
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Have 1-2 years in traffic and transport engineering experience in Ireland or the UK.
- Ideally be proficient in in modelling software such as Junctions 9 and TRANSYT/LINSIG
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €35k-€40k+ doe.
- VHI & Pension
- Life Assurance
- Modern Offices
- Flexible working hours
- Travel to work scheme
- Paid Institute Membership
- Excellent accredited CPD programme and have some of the most prominent and challenging development projects in Ireland.
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership.
If you are a Transportation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.