Traffic & Transportation Engineer (2-3+ years):
Our client has a significant and expanding workload in their Traffic and Transportation engineering department. They currently have a requirement for a Traffic & Transportation Engineer to join their Waterford office. The Transportation Team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the public and private sectors which include the NTA, DAA, Dublin Port Company, Grangegorman Development Agency, many local authorities as well as major property developers.
- The successful Traffic & Transportation Engineer will be involved in schemes ranging from transportation advisory services, design and appraisal of infrastructure schemes in the form of road construction and sustainable travel including public transport and cycling, transportation assessments, travel plans and accessibility audits.
Typical projects include:
- Bus priority schemes, Cycle lanes and other cycle facilities;
- Traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes)
- Accessibility Audits (identifying and solving problems for the mobility impaired and disabled
- Providing assistance to other departments (roads layouts for developments and car park design)
- Preparation of Transportation Impact Assessments (TIA’s) for developments of varying sizes
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have 2-3+ years in traffic and transport engineering experience in Ireland or the UK.
- Alignment Design, Junction Design in accordance with TII DMRB, DMURS and National cycle Manual
- Traffic Signs & Road Markings
- Road Safety Audits/Road User Audits
- Ideally be proficient in the use of TRICS, ARCADY, PICADY and TRANSYT
- An understanding of further modelling and appraisal packages such as SATURN, PARAMICS/VISSIM, COBALT
- A knowledge of Civil 3D, MX
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €35k-45k+ doe.
- Flexible working hours
- VHI & Pension
- Life Assurance
- Modern Offices
- Paid Institute Membership
- Travel to work scheme
- Excellent accredited CPD programme and have some of the most prominent and challenging development projects in Ireland.
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership.
If you are a Traffic & Transportation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.