**Fantastic opportunity to become Associate**
Senior Hydrologist currently required to join a highly respected engineering consultancy in either their Dublin OR Cork office. This exciting opportunity has arisen due to ongoing success in winning new and prestigious Water & Flood Risk Management projects in Ireland and Europe.
Role: The Senior Hydrologist will report to the Director and will be the Technical Lead on hydrology projects whilst also leading a Hydrology team. The successful Hydrologist will work closely with Clients and Design Teams. You will be responsible for the delivery of a significant number of major flood risk management projects, flood relief schemes and other similar civil engineering projects. These projects all have climate change adaptation and resilience as a core.
Reward: This firm offers excellent career development, award winning projects and a fantastic remuneration package. Above all this company is a fantastic place to work. Employees are highly valued and rewarded.
Please call Caroline for a confidential conversation on 086 8055216.
- Must have a Degree and ideally a Masters in Hydrology or equivalent
- Must be Chartered
- The successful Hydrologist must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience working as a Hydrologist, ideally in Ireland or the UK
- Must have experience on flood risk and water resources projects in the UK or Ireland
- Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Passion for the environment and sustainability.
- Must have a proven track record working with clients
- Capable of working on their own initiative
- Experienced in project appraisal and authoring technical reports, including
- Experience in preparing Strategic and Site Specific Flood Risk Assessments
- Preparing hydrology chapters for EIARs
- Must have fluent English and excellent communication skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent Salary circa €65-75K+ doe + extensive benefits.
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home available
- Extra holidays
- Flexible Friday
- Life Assurance
- Paid membership fees for two professional institutes
- Transport to work scheme
- Ongoing CPD
- Modern offices
- A wonderful place to work
- Extensive benefits package available on application
If you are a Hydrologist looking for your next career move, please email your CV or call Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. Caroline Herlihy has in excess of 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.