Site Engineer with 3+ years’ experience required for a leading Main Contractor to work on a building project near Galway city which is just starting. Our client has several projects in the area in the pipeline – ideal role for the Site Engineer that wants to be based in Galway long term.
- The candidate must be comfortable using setting out equipment
- Monitor work in accordance with specification & regulations.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying onsite using GPS total station and auto level.
- Topographic surveys using GPS & robotic total station.
- Supervision of site works in line with health & safety policy.
- Maintain records of labour, plant and site activities.
- Checking works as required
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Experience on civils projects
- Proficiency in use of Total Station
- 3+ years’ experience with a main contractor / sub-contractor in a suitable role in Ireland or UK.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Benefits package
- Travel allowance / company vehicle
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.