Site Engineer required by a leading main building contractor in Dublin. The Site Engineer (ENG) is responsible to the Project Manager. You will be involved in all aspects of the contract as part of the technical site team, with emphasis on control of the works and technical advice. You will carry out your work in accordance with company standard procedures and discharge their duties as listed in the company safety policy.
Contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion
- Setting out works in accordance with drawings, specifications and site surveys.
- Assist CM/PM to maintain and monitor safe working practices on site. This process includes reviewing sub-contractor’s health and safety plan, and writing method statements when required.
- Review Architectural, Structural, Services Engineer’s specifications, comment any misgivings through CM/PM to Architect, Structural or Services Engineers. Check drawings have been detailed in line with agreed specification and are co-ordinated.
- Advise sub-contractors/interpret drawings, liaise with Architect/Engineer/Design Manager to co- ordinate drawings and resolve problems.
- Manage sections of the work/specific sub-contract packages as agreed with CM/PM.
- Take responsibility for checking and keeping records of delivered material e.g. concrete, concrete blocks, hollow rib decking, reinforcement etc., to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification. (To include adequate checks on s/c materials also).
- Keep accurate records for excavations, reduce dig, concrete pouts, reinforcement etc., and convey to QS.
- Carry out surveys of the site/completed works as required, i.e. “as builts”.
- Degree qualified.
- The successful Site Engineer will have at least 3 years’ experience working for main building contractors in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €50k-€60k
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Continuous Professional Development
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.