- Rapid career progression within a growing team
- Excellent Salary circa €65k-€75k+ extensive benefits package
- This successful Associate Transport Engineer can be based in either Dublin or Cork
- Our client is currently seeking to recruit an Associate Transportation Engineer / Planner to meet their ever-increasing project portfolio and successful positioning on frameworks with local authorities and the NTA.
- The successful Associate Transport Engineer / Planner will manage and deliver a number of high-profile schemes for public and private clients.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting company Directors in the management of a large team in our transportation division as well as managing client relationships and the quality delivery of schemes within budget and time.
Current projects include:
- The development and preparation of Transport Strategies for large towns and Local Areas
- The design of a number of significant bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities in urban and rural environments including greenways (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Providing transport related advice and services to support high profile clients in the development of large residential, commercial and educational developments including the development of major new towns and Strategic Development Zones
- A relevant engineering / planning degree and be Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Ideally hold a relevant postgraduate degree or accreditation in Project Management
- Transport Engineer/ Planner with 10-15+ years in traffic and / or transportation engineering experience.
- Have extensive knowledge of current transport policies and design standards
- Experience in the management of small – medium teams of engineers
- Have experience of relevant software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent Salary €65-€75K
- VHI & Pension
- Life Assurance
- Modern Offices
- Travel to work scheme
- Paid Institute Membership
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership.
If you are a Senior Transportation Engineer / Planner considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.