Senior Quantity Surveyor with 7 years+ required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a large student accommodation project in Cork. The successful Senior QS will report to the commercial manager and be given all the support they need to progress into a more senior role within the company in the Munster region where our client has significantly expanded operations. The commercial department of our client is very well set up, so this role may suit the strong QS who is struggling in a smaller company due to lack of resources and support. Our client has a strong order book of projects in many safe sectors and is very confident about 2021 and beyond.
- Degree qualified with at least 7 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying.
- QS experience with a Main Building Contractor in Ireland or the UK is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Excellent salary circa €80k – €90K
- Top benefits package
- Excellent career development.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.