Senior Quantity Surveyor required for a leading main contractor to work in Waterford. Our client is working on the largest and most prestigious projects in the country at the moment and has a very strong pipeline of work going into the future. The successful Senior QS will have responsibility for several projects and report to a company director. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years’ experience in quantity surveying experience with a building contractor.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting.
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high-level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent salary circa €65k – €75K
- Top benefits package.
- Excellent career development.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.