Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is needed to join a well-established and progressive mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy who are looking to grow their Cork office. The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for continuous business development and managing a team of engineers on a range of projects.
- Lead and manage the full Mechanical Design on projects of all sizes demonstrating Client care at all times.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above- ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards as well as Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to lead projects internally and externally and be responsible for project performances, including satisfied clients, profitable projects, and maintaining the company’s reputation to enable repeat work.
- Experience in or desire to be involved in business development of the Cork office.
- Experience or ability to win new work/clients and excellent Commercial Awareness are key elements to the role.
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have minimum 7 years building services consultancy design experience.
- Expert user of Microsoft office.
- BIM experience advantageous.
- Strong experience with business development a distinct advantage.
- Experience with thermal modelling, energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous.
- Desire to be chartered or in the process of being chartered a distinct advantage.
- €60,000 to €70,000 – doe
- 22 days annual leave
- Flexitime & time in-lieu
- The option of remote or hybrid working.
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent Career Progression
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
- Cycle to work
If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Leah Colfer on 086 1034862. We will not send your CV to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.