Senior Health and Safety Officer required for a leading Civil Engineering Contractor to work out of their Kildare Head Office. The successful candidate will work closely with our management team in a professional and friendly work environment on a variety of civil engineering & utilities contracts. Our client’s projects are predominantly based throughout Leinster and East Munster. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, strong communicator with excellent organisational skills and a positive work ethic, who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Take the day to day lead for Health, Safety, & Environment management and performance across the business.
- Carry out regular site audits / inspections across the business activities.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, investigated, and effectively closed out. Actively share lessons learnt from any incident investigations.
- Ensure practical and sustainable corrective actions are in place.
- Regular review and assist in development of risk assessments, method statements, and construction health & safety plans.
- Input to maintenance of the company’s ISO accreditations.
- Lead and implement improvements to all HSE management systems and procedures.
- Ensure that the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and that appropriate management systems are in place and working effectively.
- Undertake regular reviews in conjunction with the management teams of all high risk activities.
- Promote a consistent incident reporting culture across the company including the use of Near Miss reporting.
- Appropriate Third Level Qualifications – minimum Diploma in Health & Safety.
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction.
- Proven HSE management experience in the civil engineering, construction, or similar, industry with a minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Previous experience of working with Environmental Management systems.
- Previous experience of maintaining ISO accreditation systems.
- Proven experience of preparation and implementation of documentation and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Full Driving Licence
- €55k – €65k
- Excellent career prospects
- Company Vehicle
- Detailed benefits package available on request
If you are a Senior Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.