- Negotiable based on experience.
- Mix of remote + office working in Cork.
- Bonus + pension + healthcare + extensive benefits package.
- Ecologist with 2-4 years’ experience in report writing and carrying our site surveys
- Given our client’s diverse and exciting portfolio of work, they are seeking to strengthen their team with an Ecologist.
- You will help to deliver a significant workload in ecological impact assessment (EcIA), ecological surveys and appropriate assessment (AA) and will develop their offering in nature based solutions and regenerative/restorative design.
- You will work with the team on multi-disciplinary projects across a wide range of sectors
- Multi-disciplinary ecology surveys – including habitats, mammals, birds, invasive species, and others
- Preparation of EcIA and AA documentation
- Liaising with clients and other relevant stakeholders
- Degree in Ecology / or related discipline
- Ecologist with a minimum of 2-4 years post graduate experience within a planning/ environmental /ecological consultancy area, preferably in EcIA and AA (screening, NIS, NIR) in Ireland or the UK
- Experience in designing, carrying out ecological surveys and delivering EcIA and AA is essential
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Irish and EU wildlife and planning legislation
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Must be fluent in English and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable doe
- Extensive benefits
- Superb CPD
- Life Assurance
- Transport to work scheme
- Group discount on Health Insurance
- Paid membership fees for two professional institutes
- Collaborative working environment where staff are encouraged and rewarded
If you are an Ecologist considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.