Senior Electrical Engineer, Cork – Job ref: 11475
A large international, multidisciplinary consultancy are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer based in Cork.
This innovative and progressive design consultancy work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects and more. They also have a strong sustainability ethos and continuously support their engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering.
Call Jennie Hoare for a confidential discussion on 086 609 8473
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer. The position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The successful candidate will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Design and specification of Electrical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
- Work directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services & Design
- Third level diploma / degree in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- 10 yrs + relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regs, EN Standards and IEC Standards.
- Experience in Dialux & Amtech.
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Chartership is a distinct advantage
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Participants Will Receive
- Salary: €60,000 – €70,000, depending on skills and experience
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career.
- A modern progressive workplace.
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours
If you are a Senior Electrical Design Engineer or Building Services Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Jennie Hoare for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.