My client, one of Ireland’s leading providers of renewable energy solutions are now searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team. This role will be based out of their Waterford office with Hybrid working. The role would suit an experience solutions-based engineer looking to further their career towards Engineering Manager over time and in line with the company’s growth strategy. The ideal candidate must have experience in Irish EPC Market as the position will be the go to person for all electrical queries from the company and clients.
- Interface and management of clients, contractors and utility companies to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Assist all junior staff on technical queries on their projects and assist the sales team with client queries at tender stage.
- Complete electrical designs and design reviews to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in specifications.
- Review of Employers Requirements for individual projects and assistance with preparation of same for Tendering and Contract purposes.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay to maintain Project Programme.
- Monitor submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of key long lead items.
- Review engineers designs to ensure compliance with employers requirements and requests
- Site attendance to inspect and supervise keys works to ensure the expected quality is been delivered.
- Witness site acceptance tests for all major electrical plant and attend factory acceptance tests where required.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review and answer technical queries from site during the construction and commissioning phases in relation to specifications, drawings, materials, equipment and solutions to issues as they arise.
- Specify all manner of electrical equipment
- Carry out cable sizing calcs, breaker settings
- On site commissioning where required
- Work as an integral part of the commissioning process and review commissioning requirements where required.
- Interface with respect to initial dispatch tests on renewable projects during commissioning phase and until maximum export capacity is achieved.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering (or suitable experience)
- Minimum relevant experience of 5 years
- Proven experience in the design and construction of LV/HV/MV networks
- Proven experience in design and construction of wind/solar electrical works packages is desirable
- Salary circa €65k – €75k DOE
- Hybrid Working
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Senior Electrical Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.