Senior Highway Engineer (7-9 years):
- Excellent remuneration €60K-€70K+.
- Mix of remote + office working in Dublin OR Galway office.
- Extensive benefits incl – Bonus + pension + healthcare + extensive benefits package.
- Senior Highway Engineer with 7-9 years’ experience in highways and drainage design
- Rural and Urban Road Improvement Schemes working for Transport Infrastructure Ireland and local authorities.
- Public Transport Priority Projects and Development of TII Design Standards and associated research projects with European partners such as Conference of European Directors of Road (CEDR).
- Design and Build / PPP projects working for leading Irish and overseas contractors.
- Senior Highway Engineer required to join an award-winning engineering consultancy in either their Dublin or Galway office.
- You will be responsible for the design, management and coordination, and liaison with a multi-disciplinary team.
- The successful Highway Engineer will be required to deliver projects to the required technical standards in a timely manner, reporting to the team leader / project manager.
- Preparing technical designs for highway projects, including geometric alignment and drainage, drawings, reports, correspondence and other outputs in accordance with approved design standards and procedures in line with the delivery programme.
- Ensuring that relevant legislation, regulations, policies, strategies and technical guidance is interpreted, followed and communicated across the team with guidance from senior members of staff.
- Implementing the appropriate QA procedures for all deliverables and ensure compliance with H&S requirements.
- Communicating effectively and in a team environment with highway colleagues and project managers, other internal design disciplines, clients and contractors.
- Level 8 Degree in civil / highway engineering / or equivalent.
- Be Chartered or close to Chartered
- Senior Highway Engineer with a minimum of 7-9 years+ post graduate experience in highway design in a consultancy in Ireland or the UK.
- Ideally should have some Drainage design experience (MicroDrainage)
- Must be proficient in either of the following (MX Roads / Open Roads / Civil 3D)
- Must have experience in design checking and overseeing junior engineers work
- Strong report writing skills.
- Must be fluent in English and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Extensive benefits
- Bonus + Pension + Life Assurance + Superb CPD + Transport to work scheme
- Group discount on Health Insurance + Paid membership fees for two professional institutes
- Collaborative working environment where staff are encouraged and rewarded
If you are a Senior Highway Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.