Senior Buyer with 5 years’+ experience required to join a leading developer to work primarily from their Dublin head office. Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role previously with a contractor / developer, but we will consider candidates coming from a building merchants background or something similar.
- Based in head office with visiting role to all active sites.
- Manage, direct & guide assistant / Junior buyer and ensure continuous development within
- their role
- Promote health, safety and environmental issues on all sites to ensure the highest standards
- are achieved and maintained.
- Identify and implement strategies that enable procurement to continually improve projects.
- Assist in the delivery of best practice procurement for plant and materials.
- Develop effective and appropriate relationships with key suppliers based on the agreed
- strategy and manage supplier performance that promotes continuous improvement.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the purchasing
- strategy and assures contract compliance and deliverables.
- Manage and agree credit limits with suppliers.
- Carry out a monthly stock take and advise the QS on the value of stock.
- Obtain DOP information from suppliers to allow project meet BCAR obligations.
- Obtain all DOP certification where applicable and file for the design team for sign off.
- Manage specialist supplies in conjunction with site QS.
- Maintain site asset register.
- €55K – €65K
- Pension Contributions
- Company Healthcare plan
- Benefits package
If you are an Senior Buyer considering a career move, send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 23 years’ experience based in Dublin.