Quantity Surveyor required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a mixed use development in Dublin. The Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for this specific project with scope to move into more of a Senior Role within the company. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience in quantity surveying with a main building contractor. Our client has a strong pipeline of projects for mostly blue-chip clients and have an excellent reputation as an employer.
- Degree qualified with at least 4 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying with a Main Building Contractor.
- Quantity Surveyor experience with a Contractor in Ireland or the UK is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work.
- Diligent IT and presentation skills and knowledge of estimating software.
- A good communicator, including in direct dealings with prestigious Clients.
- Experience in working in a large team.
- Work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor and report to them.
- Liaising with stakeholders on relevant queries and taking ownership to resolve the same.
- Issuing tender queries and compiling tender comparatives for projects and advise on any concerns or value engineering detail as appropriate.
- Issuing of tender inquiries and compiling tender comparatives for projects and advise on any concerns or value engineering detail as appropriate.
- Preparing cost reports and cash flow forecasts as well as other duties assigned by the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Measure work packages, generate BOQ, issue tender documents to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with Senior Quantity Surveyor on Sub-contractor and supplier payment.
- Preparing monthly CVR Reports with focus on the cost to complete.
- Excellent salary circa €60k – €70k
- Top benefits package
- Excellent career development.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.