Quantity Surveyor required to join one of Ireland’s largest engineering contractors on a project in Milan. As part of the commercial team you will be supporting the delivery of Data Centre projects in Ireland and across Europe. You will report directly into the project Commercial Lead.
This role offers a generous subsistence allowance for being based in Milan, accommodation, regular return flights and transport costs associated with getting to site every day.
Our client strongly encourages and supports career progression opportunities so this is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor who is looking to progress into a Commercial Management position.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the life cycle of the project.
- Responsibility for interface Client Commercial/Contract Team.
- Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis.
- Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
- Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
- Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
- Provide monthly valuations and certs.
- Agree final accounts.
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or Building Services.
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working on CSA, Mechanical and/or Electrical packages on large industrial projects is essential.
- Data Centre experience would be desirable but not essential.
- A proven working knowledge of current contract law.
- A proven track record in customer relationship development.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- The successful Quantity Surveyor must be in Ireland or the UK at present and eligible to work in Ireland without the need for a permit.
- Salary €75,000 to €95,000 DOE.
- Generous living away allowance.
- Hybrid working opportunities.
- Accommodation and utility bills covered.
- Regular return flights home (fortnightly)
- Transport costs covered in Milan.
- 23 Days annual leave
- Access to group healthcare scheme.
- Opportunity to work on largest projects in Ireland and Europe.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please contact Joe Newman. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Quantity Surveyors of all levels across the construction and engineering sectors across Ireland.