A leading international multidisciplinary organisation with offices in Dublin and Cork, are recruiting a qualified Quantity Surveyor with 5 years+ experience to join the team. The ideal Quantity Surveyor should hold professional membership to SCSI or RICS or be working towards it and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a consultancy in Ireland or the UK.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated and ambitious individual who can demonstrate good communication and reporting skills, along with recent experience of the public procurement process in Ireland. Professional membership to SCSI or RICS is desired, but not essential.
Some of the duties will include pre-contract cost control to advise design team / clients, bills of quantities, tender assessment, documentation preparation along with post contract functions.
This position can be based in either Cork or Dublin.
Minimum requirements and responsibilities:
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Hold professional membership to SCSI or RICS, preferred
- 5 years’ post Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering experience, some of which must have been gained within a consultancy environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess a good understanding of cost and value management principles
- Proficiency in MS Office along with CostX or CostQS
- Have proven success delivering a range of building projects successfully in Ireland
- Competently preparing cost reports, monthly valuations, final accounts, estimating, cost planning and resolving contractual claims
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- The ability to work well independently or as part of a larger team
- €Competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package
- CPD is encouraged and supported
- Genuine career progression on offer
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor with PQS experience in Ireland and you’re looking to join a progressive company offering excellent remuneration package, please forward you CV to Deborah Byrne for further details.