Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Our client is a well-established project management and construction cost consultancy providing a full range of management and specialist services spanning project lifecycles. Some of their current projects include data centres, commercial, industrial, retail, educational, public sector, leisure, healthcare, residential and civil engineering.
They are seeking to recruit an experienced senior level Quantity Surveyor with previous experience within a cost consultancy delivering projects client side. The successful Quantity Surveyor will report to a Director and assist in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Some of the projects will include mission critical projects, so previous involvement in similar type projects is high advantageous, but not essential.
Other duties and responsibilities include cost planning, negotiating, and agreeing variations, final accounts, issuing interim valuations, identifying risks and opportunities, commercial management, administration and reporting to key stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be commercially aware, familiar with current industry regulations who can competently manage strict budgets to ensure the commercial success of projects.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics or similar
- Preferably hold professional membership to SCSI or RICS
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience within a cost consultancy environment, however other backgrounds will be considered
- Ambitious and committed to delivering an excellent standard of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Compiling contract documentation, cost reports, preparing monthly valuations, preparation and agreement of final accounts and review / resolve claims
- Ability to work on your own initiative and within a team environment
- MUST hold eligibility to work in Ireland
Salary and Benefits
- €65k-€75k doe
- Discounted Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Paid annual institute membership subscriptions
- 25 days leave
If you are a qualified Quantity Surveyor or Chartered Quantity Surveyor with previous experience within a consultancy environment looking for your next career move, please forward your CV to Deborah Byrne for a confidential discussion.