Purchasing Manager with 5 years’+ experience required to join a leading developer to work primarily from their Mullingar head office. Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role previously with a contractor / developer, but we will consider candidates coming from a building merchants background or something similar.
- Process materials requisitions from all sites
- Programme delivery of materials etc
- Define and set out clear and effective procedures for the requisitioning of materials
- Define and set out clear and effective procedures for the monitoring and to that end, minimisation of wastage of materials on all sites and in all of the company’s operations.
- Process all invoices to ensure that the details (quantities, prices and calculations) are correct.
- Be an integral part of the QS department generally in fulfilling that function and more specifically in the pricing of tenders through the sourcing of products, materials and subcontractors and the obtaining of competitive quotations for same.
- Devise and manage servicing schedules for all plant to ensure maximum efficiency and longevity of Machinery.
- Compile Tender Packages for all Material Supply Packages required by Site.
- Select Material Suppliers, based on Price, Service, Terms etc.
- Agree all Pricing, Terms and Conditions with Suppliers.
- Set up New Credit Accounts with New Suppliers.
- Source all Technical Data Sheets, Declarations of Performance, IAB Certificates etc. and forward same to Site for BCAR Submittal by Site to Design Team.
- Carry out an annual review of all Suppliers based on Quality, Service, Price, Delivery and Terms.
- Review Price Increase Notifications and negotiate with Suppliers to Cancel, Defer or Reduce.
- Maintain and Update a Database of Contact Details for all Suppliers.
- Benefits package
If you are a Purchasing Manager considering a career move, send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 24 years’ experience based in Dublin.