Project Manager required for leading structural steel company. This company has been involved in many major projects in Ireland and now are moving their operations to the UK. They have 3 large projects coming up in London and require a project manager with 5 years’ experience to assist the contracts manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the construction industry, structural steel experience being a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection a distinct advantage.
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft project, Navisworks, Excel, AutoCAD
- Working on one/two consecutive projects– site based.
- Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
- Management and supervision of site team, engineers, and commercial team’s, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
- Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress
- Monitoring working practices including the implementation of risk control measures.
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Ensure Senior Management are keep updated with site progress and commercial issues
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed, and problems investigated and resolved
- Involvement in job procurement and future expansion within the UK market
- Salary – DOE
- Company vehicle/ Allowance
- Strong Benefits Package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.