Project Manager required for leading structural steel company. This company is fully committed to achieving the best in class in the steel industry and prides themselves in completing their work to the highest standard. Our client is looking for an experienced project manager who has 8+ years’ experience in the structural steel sector.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within the construction industry, structural steel experience being a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection a distinct advantage.
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft project, Navisworks, Excel, AutoCAD
- Working on one/two consecutive projects– site based.
- Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
- Management and supervision of site team, engineers, and commercial team’s, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
- Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress
- Monitoring working practices including the implementation of risk control measures.
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Ensure Senior Management are keep updated with site progress and commercial issues
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed, and problems investigated and resolved
- € 75k-85K
- Company vehicle/ Allowance
- Strong Benefits Package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.